It isn't a new gadget, but the EyeClops Mini Projector still makes a great stocking stuffer for Christmas Day. It's great for kids to play with, but for techies— it's sure to be something fun to hack and mod this holiday season.
The EyeClops Mini Projector looks more like Wall-E than a movie projector, but it can be used to watch videos directly from your Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, DVD player and even your laptop computer, by way of RCA connection. Its LED technology can project images up to a 60-inch screen size, though some of use would bicker at 5-feet of viewing space, especially when its resolution is only 360x240.
Nonetheless, the EyeClops Mini Projector is sure to be a big hit for the holidays, since its recent reduction in price across the board. Today, Woot's selling one for less than 30 bucks total, which makes it well worth it, especially as a stocking stuffer, no matter if you're a video game addict or technology whore. Amazon has it for $38 + shipping right now, also.
It's not quite the Kinect, but perhaps you can still have some fun hacking this mini projector. It fits in the palm of your hand; so do the speakers, which isn't really a good thing when it comes to sound. And it comes with an AC adaptor and a battery base.
If you're not impressed, then perhaps you should be reminded how far we've come. You could still be using the Kenner Easy-Show Movie Projector:
If you're not hacking this miniature bundle of LED fun, but rather plan on taking your Xbox 360 with you on your next camping trip, here's some helpful information to get you started using your EyeClops Mini Projector from JAKKS Pacific. Watch the how-to video and check out the instruction manual below.
Be aware though, this projector does not include any needed RCA cables.
Also, scroll down to the end of this article to see the features, along with some reviews and demos.
But sorry, no hacks as of yet, which is somewhat surprising. Do you have a hack for this mini projector? Do you plan on hacking it?
- Put a big screen in the palm of your hand with this portable Mini Projector by EyeClops
- Super-size your favorite movies, TV shows, and video games with the EyeClops Mini Projector
- Built-in speaker as well as a pair of bonus speakers
- Powerful LED technology projects media up to 60" (1.5m) screen size
- Works with video games as well as DVD, MP3, and multimedia players including iPod and iPhone digital devices
- Also includes jack for headphones (headphones not included)
- Powered by the included AC adapter or portable battery pack
- Power Adapter: Input 120v, 60Hz / Output 6V DC, 1000mA
- Battery pack provides approximately 270 minutes of projection time and requires 4 D batteries, not included
- Intended for use with most ordinary DVD players, Cable/Satellite TV boxes, video game consoles. The EyeClops Mini Projector works with all composite video sources
- Certain devices (handheld media players, mini gaming devices and others) may require special adapters/cables, which are not included
- The EyeClops Mini Projector is often used to enlarge video images at home or in other environments with existing sound equipment. In these cases, connecting a single RCA cable from your desired video source (DVD player, Cable TV box, video game console, etc.) to the Projector's Video input is all that is necessary to enjoy big-screen images with high-fidelity sound from your existing audio equipment. RCA cables are not included
- For best results, use the EyeClops Mini Projector in dark environments
- Increasing the distance between the Projector and the projection surface increases the size of the projected image, but larger images require darker surroundings to maintain image quality
- Projector Instructions
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.