Televisions are an amazing innovation that allow for endless hours of entertainment and information dissemination, but sometimes you just want them off! Make a TV remote jammer as a joke, to get a few hours of quite or just for fun.
Tired of remote control jockeys speeding through the channels? Here's your chance to stop them dead in their tracks.
Step 1: Start setting up the components
Step 2: Make the first round of connections
Step 3: Connect resistors and diodes
Step 4: Make the next round of connections
Step 5: Connect the LEDs
Step 6: Complete the setup
Step 7: Test it
Step 8: Solder the components
Step 9: Hide your creation!
Step 10: Make the switch
The first practical TV remote control was the "Space Command" manufactured by Zenith in 1956.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades