3D TV is hovering in the not too distant horizon, which most likely means costly transitions. Luckily John Sciacca offers some ideas for dirt cheap alternatives.
"The answer is to get a 3D-ready DLP TV for cheap, then bank on an announced (but still to come) device that will magically make your TV compatible with the new 3D Blu-ray standard. The device is expected to cost about $100.
So, for example, if you picked up the Mitsubishi WD-65737 for about $1,000 (used models sell for about that much) and the magic box, you'd be spending less than half the cost of the cheapest 3D TV that Samsung is selling right now. Sure, you won't have the sleek form factor of a flat panel, but if you're putting your set on a stand anyway, that's not a big deal."
Click through for the entire low down: John Sciacca's 3D TV For Dummies: 10 questions answered about 3D TV.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades